Register Shareholders & Participants
DCV Registros was born in 2000 to facilitate the administration of shareholder registries of sociedades anónimas and registries of contributors of investment funds in an integrated manner, in one location, helping reduce the associated times, costs and risks. Therefore, ensuring a high quality of service and security standards.
Our infrastructure allows us to provide an important contribution to the administration of the registry providing security, protection and care to the securities of each of its contributors. Accordingly, facilitating administrative tasks and providing access to information for issuers and contributors, with the trust of having the support of an expert that has had exclusive dedication for 19 years to this service.
What do we offer with this service?
- Transfers of shares and CFI.
- Issuance and administration of certificates.
- Payment of dividends and payments to the Chilean Fire Department.
- Update of information provided by investors and issuers.
- Automated update of stock market transactions.
- Issuance of information on tax aspects.
- Registration of liens and prohibitions.
- Study of legal backgrounds and issuance of legal reports.
Other optional services:
- Issuance of shares and preferential offers
- Conducting shareholders meetings.
- Exchange of shares, right to withdrawal, auction of shares, merger of companies and takeover bids.
Benefits of this service
Access more information
To protect the interests of shareholders and for them to operate as such, it is vital to keep their signature registration up to date.
For that, shareholders may do the following:
- Go to the offices of DCV Registros S.A. and fill in the corresponding form. Please schedule an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If shareholders cannot attend personally, they must register their signature with a Notary Public. The signature's registration original document must be sent to the offices of DCV Registros S.A. with an advanced electronic signature to our email address: email@example.com with a copy of both sides of the corresponding identity card, three signatures, and date.
Shareholders must keep the following information updated in their Corporation's shareholders' registry:
- Full name (name, middle name, first surname, and second surname).
- ID number and taxpayer ID number.
- Full address (street name, address number, commune, city, and country).
- Phone number.
- Email address.
- Dividend payment modality. (For more information, go to the "Dividends" tab).
This information is essential to contact shareholders and send them timely and relevant information.
Please do the following to update this information:
- Schedule an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org to visit the DCV Registros offices.
- Send an original copy of a letter to DCV Registros, signed by the shareholder or
- Send an email to email@example.com attaching the signed, scanned, and dated contact information form with a copy of both sides of the ID card and three signatures (your signature must be registered previously).
The effectiveness of the Powers of Attorney will be subject to the following regulations:
- Power of Attorney recorded on public deeds will be effective for two (2) years, unless the deed establishes a shorter period.
- Following the expiration date, the power of attorney validity will be certified through original certification by the Legal File Clerk or the relevant Official Real Estate Registrar, as may be appropriate.
- Corporations may also certify the validity of the powers being part of their articles of association with an updated copy of the corporation registration - with marginal notes - in the Register of Commerce issued by the corresponding Registry. In case the company has been the subject of modifications during the period, it will include complete information thereto.
- Simple powers of attorney recorded on private deeds authorized by a Notary Public will be effective for six (6) months from the issuing date, upon which new Powers of Attorney will be issued.
Powers of Attorney which are not original documents will be accompanied by the original certification from the notary public stating that they were issued on the basis of the original documents.
Foreign powers of attorney
Foreign Powers of Attorney are subject to the following regulations:
- They will be issued at the Chilean Consul’s Office nearest the Shareholder’s domicile abroad.
- They must be officially recorded at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Chile.
- To be considered a public instrument with a two-year effective period, the Power of Attorney must be officially recorded at a Notary’s Office, there by being incorporated to the public register as evidence of the document for future use.
If the proceeding outlined under Nº 3 above is not completed, the Power of Attorney will be considered a simple instrument valid for just six months.
Any Power of Attorney other than original will be officially recorded with the original certification issued by the Notary Public stating that its issuance was based on the original of the document.
To withdraw stock certificates, Shareholders must: come in person to DCV Registros S.A. offices.
Should a Shareholder be unable to complete this proceeding personally, they may request the remittance of such certificates through a registered letter by mail. To this end, the Shareholder: must satisfy the Superintendencia of Securities and Insurance (SVS) regulations, which state that the Shareholder must request DCV Registros S.A. for a remittance of the Stock Certificate Remittance Application form.
Loss of invalidity
In case of loss, theft, or other similar circumstance making a stock certificate invalid, the Shareholder will, in accordance with article 21 of Law 18,046, proceed as follows:
- The Shareholder will publicize in a local newspaper informing the public that the certificate in question is canceled.
- For the aforementioned publication, the following text is suggested:
"Certificate Nº … for … stocks of the … company, belonging to ..., is canceled"
- The Shareholder will send to individual stock exchanges a letter in duplicate informing them of the loss of the stock certificate(s), along with the relevant publication. This letter will be sent to the stock exchanges in duplicate in order for each of them to provide evidence of receipt of the letter in one of the copies by placing the corresponding stamp thereon.
- Finally, the Shareholder will send DCV Registros S.A. a letter, duly signed by the Shareholder or their legal agent, informing of the loss of the stock certificate(s), that they duly informed the stock exchanges, and that they completed the publication in accordance with the applicable regulations. The Shareholder will also attach the publication made in the newspaper and the copy of the letter informing the stock exchanges, duly received and stamped by the latter.
Submission of Background Data
Documents other than originals mustl be submitted in photocopy authorized by a Notary Public.
Background for recording agents of natural persons.
To act through a third party:
- A Shareholder must submit to DCV Registros in advance the notary Power of Attorney whereby the Shareholder confers the powers necessary to be represented.
- The effectiveness of the Power of Attorney will be subject to the criteria defined by DCV Registros (Refer to the Shareholder Information – Powers of Attorney)
Background for recording agents for legal entities
The Shareholder will provide DCV Registros with the following:
- Photocopy of Taxpayer ID Number (RUT) of the company and its agents.
- Records of signatures, in original, of agents entitled to act on the equity market, legalized by a notary with the sentence"signed before me".
- Legal data as per the type of legal entity.
Copy of the registration of the corporate excerpt (normally the registration of the charter) in the Register of Commerce of the Official Real Estate Registration Office corresponding to its domicile, not older than six (6) months, with all marginal notes, including the one regarding the latest corporate modification, if any.
Copy of the company’s charter and the publication of its excerpt on the Official Gazette showing the publication date.
Copy of modification deed(s), if any, and copy of the registration of its excerpt with the Register of Commerce of the Official Real Estate Registration Office, and photocopy of the publication thereof in the Official Gazette showing the publication date.
- Current deeds of powers of attorney of the company’s agents, showing the granting of the powers to enforce, such as selling stocks, collecting and receiving dividends. (Refer to the Shareholder Information – Powers of Attorney).
For detailed information on the legal data to submit, see our Consultation site and request the “list of legal data" specific to the type of legal entity as required.
The transfer process is subject to security measures - to protect the interests of the shareholders - verifying their identity and checking specific procedures.
- Transferring or selling the shares of a natural person or Corporation. The seller and the buyer must sign the transfer in a Notary's office. The Notary must certify: "Mr./Mrs.___________, taxpayer ID number________ signed before me as the seller and Mr./Mrs.___________ taxpayer ID number________ signed before me as the buyer." In the case of a succession, the Notary must certify: "Mr./Mrs.___________……………..…… taxpayer ID number________ signed before me in representation of Succession: ___________, ID Number: __________, and Mr./Mrs.___________, ID number________ signed before me as the buyer. ………………".
The original copy of this document must be submitted to our offices or via email with an advanced electronic signature at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transfer with witnesses. The seller, the buyer, and two witnesses of legal age, all with valid ID cards (in the case of a Succession, the witnesses cannot be part of it.)
The original copy and a notarized copy of the transfer must be sent to email@example.com to schedule an appointment at the offices of DCV Registros with the copies of the ID cards of both witnesses.
- Please contact any stockbroker who works with purchasing and selling shares. Sign the transfer that the Stockbroker will send to the company (DCV Registros) to transfer the shares to their custody and process the sale.
- In the case of transfers made by legal persons, which must be signed by their agents or representatives, it is mandatory to have presented the current legal documentation and powers of attorney to be reviewed by our Legal Department. Once approved, a legal report indicating the power to send and/or hire shares will be issued.
- The agent, legal representative, or shareholder must have their signatures registered in the company. Otherwise, the notarized original signature registration must be sent. The Notary must certify:
- Shareholders: "Mr./Mrs.___________, taxpayer ID number________ signed before me."
- Legal representative or agent: “Mr./Mrs.___________……...... taxpayer ID number________ signed before me in representation of ___________________ ID Number: _____________." In both cases, a copy of both sides of the ID card signed by the three parties must be attached to the signature registration. Signatures can also be registered at the offices of DCV Registros.
- All transfers must include the purchase/sale price per share.
- According to Art. 1796, a purchase and sales contract between non-legally separated spouses or between the father or the mother and the child under custody will be deemed void.
Documentation for obtaining the actual possesion
To obtain the Actual Possession for a deceased Shareholder, heirs will require the following documents:
- DCV Registros S.A. certificate showing the number of stocks owned by the deceased Shareholder.
- Certificate issued by the Statistics Department of the Santiago Stock Exchange, which shows the weighted average of the value of the shares in the market during the last 6 months prior to the day of the death of the shareholder.
Documentation required once obtained the actual possession
Once the deceased Shareholder’s actual possession has been obtained, the following documentation will be submitted to DCV Registros S.A.:
- Copy of the Actual Possession act recorded in the Property Register of the relevant Official Rea Estate Registry.
- Copy of the will recorded in the aforementioned Register, adding, in case the deceased has held a wil, a copy thereof.
- Copy of the deceased’s asset inventory showing their stocks.
- Legal approval of the inheritance tax exemption or payment.
- Birth certificate of every minor child, or otherwise, a legalized photocopy of the family book, in case or heirs younger than 18.
- Power of Attorney signed by all heirs to a common agent, under which such agent may collect and perceive dividends through checks drawn to his name, should the succession involve more than one heir. The Power of Attorney may be granted by private deed authorized by a notary public, in which case, such Power of Attorney will have an effective period of six (6) months. The Power of Attorney may also be issued by public deed, in which case, it will have an effective period of two (2) years from the deed date (see Power of Attorney effective period).
- Taxpayer ID Number (RUT) of heirs and the individual granted the Power of Attorney. The documentation other than the original must be accompanied by the original certification issued by the notary public, stating that the certification was issued on the basis of the original documents.
Forms of payment
Shareholders will expressly inform DCV Registros S.A. the form of dividend payment they want to use.
- Banking current account deposit: The Shareholder will inform the bank’s name and number of his/her current account.
- Banking savings account deposit: The Shareholder will inform the bank’s name and number of his/her savings account.
- Mail remittance of order check to Shareholder’s domicile: To select this payment mode, the Shareholder will have his7her domicile updated in the register of shareholders.
- Withdrawal of order check at DCV Registros S.A. offices or at the bank designated by this company.
The form of dividend payment selected by the Shareholder will be used by DCV Registros S.A. in all these events, unless modified by the Shareholder.
If the Shareholder has not defined any form of dividend payment, DCV Registros S.A. will have an order check for the Shareholder to pick up at the offices of this Company or at the bank designated by this Company. This form of payment will not apply in case the issuing company has not expressly considered it in its dividend policy.
To inform or update the form of payment of dividends, Shareholders may use any of the options available for information updating.
Chilean Fire Department
The service considers the payment to the Chilean Fire Department of dividends not claimed by Shareholders within five years from the enforcement date.
The service includes the preparation of information on tax issues, issuance of stock certificates, and submission of such information to the Internal Revenue Service.
Considers the custody and update of the Encumbrances and/or Prohibitions Registry on shares, as per the current legal and administrative regulations.
The deeds and judicial resolutions by means of which encumbrances or securities are constituted on securities of issuers administered by DCV Registros must be presented in person through an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org. These must be notified in physical form in our offices in Av. Los Conquistadores 1730, floor 24, Providencia, from Monday to Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Fridays from 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., to review the information received on the same day.
QUESTIONS MAY BE ADDRESSED DIRECTLY TO DCV REGISTROS S.A.
Business hours from Monday to Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Dirección : Los Conquistadores 1730 Avenue, Floor 24, Providencia, Santiago.
- Tephones : +56 223 939 003
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Attention in office Av. Los Conquistadores 1730, 24th floor, Providencia, Santiago. It is necessary to request a reservation of time for service in offices by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +56 22 393 9003. In-person service hours from Monday to Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Friday from 9:30 a.m. at 4:00 p.m.